Featured Post

Welcome!

It's da Jax, again. As a fan of the GY6 chinese and taiwanese scooters, I hope to provide as much information as I can, much like my pa...

Sunday, February 9, 2020

Welcome!

It's da Jax, again. As a fan of the GY6 chinese and taiwanese scooters, I hope to provide as much information as I can, much like my panther page hopefully it will be updated with all current information, tips, tricks and et cetera. Like the other page I will be compiling any bit of information where I can find it.
 Introduction
 The Gy6 engine is known as a Honda clone, they at one time had set up for a chinese company or two to build engines for certain bikes and these companies kept the desigm for themselves after Honda nolonger used the engine. They are simple- yet fairly high maintanance engines. They have a simple slosh and splash gravity oil feed system that requires the oil be changed at the longest, once a month. The valves need to be adjusted about every six months. They do take to mods well and can make upwards around twelve horsepower.

The bikes themselves tend to use the same bodies or variations of them across multiple models and marques with a few unique models that may be specific to a brand and unshared. Most of the bodystyles are named.  They used to be known for having subpar plastic farings, I think they've improved since their appearance in the late 90s, early 00s.

No comments:

Post a Comment